17.8 C
London
Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Trump’s gold MAGA phone FINALLY ships with mystery around ‘USA’ claim

Trump Mobile’s gold MAGA phone is finally shipping to customers after months of delays, disappearing ‘Made in America’ claims and and claims from critics that the bargain handset looked like a cheap Chinese-made device in disguise.

Trump Mobile said this week that its $499 T1 Phone had ‘arrived’ and that around 590,000 customers who paid $100 deposits would receive update emails as orders began shipping.

‘Phones that were pre-ordered are starting to be delivered to customers this week,’ Trump Mobile CEO Pat O’Brien said, adding that the delay was caused by quality checks and the complicated process of bringing a phone to market.

But the announcement only came after renewed scrutiny over the terms and conditions on Trump Mobile’s website, which were quietly updated last month to state that placing a deposit ‘does not guarantee’ a device will ever be produced or made available for purchase.

Instead, the company said the deposits – reportedly totaling $59 million – merely represented a ‘conditional opportunity’ to purchase a phone if Trump Mobile ultimately decided to sell one.

The company had originally planned to launch the device last August. 

Nearly 10 months later, it announced this week that the phones would begin shipping – though observers quickly noticed the company had disabled comments beneath the post.

The move may have been aimed at limiting mounting backlash over months of silence surrounding the rollout. 

Trump Mobile's gold MAGA phone is finally shipping after delays

Trump Mobile’s gold MAGA phone is finally shipping after delays

Trump Mobile said this week its $499 T1 Phone had ¿arrived,¿ with roughly 590,000 customers who placed $100 deposits set to receive shipping updates as orders roll out

Trump Mobile said this week its $499 T1 Phone had “arrived,” with roughly 590,000 customers who placed $100 deposits set to receive shipping updates as orders roll out

Don Jr announcing the launch of Trump Mobile in June 2025. The phone was meant to ship out in August, but it would be 10 months before the company said it would be shipping out product

Don Jr announcing the launch of Trump Mobile in June 2025. The phone was meant to ship out in August, but it would be 10 months before the company said it would be shipping out product

Read More

Small print on page 26 of Newsom’s billionaire’s bill that reveals his real plans and how everyone could be hit

article image

Trump Mobile has rejected concerns over the rollout, saying demand has been ‘incredibly high’ and that orders are being fulfilled as quickly as possible over the next several weeks.

The phone was first promoted with patriotic branding and claims around US manufacturing, but the company later shifted to vaguer language, saying the device was ‘designed with American values in mind.’

That change came after analysts questioned whether a $499 smartphone could realistically be manufactured in the US, with the device’s specifications drawing comparisons to cheaper Android handsets already on the market.

It’s unclear which parts of the phone will be made in the United States. 

The phone is part of Trump Mobile, a venture launched last year by the Trump Organization under a trademark licensing arrangement and promoted by Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump.

Its monthly 5G plan costs $47.45, an apparent nod to Donald Trump serving as the 45th and 47th president.

Hot this week

Diana’s ex-hairdresser condemns ‘evil’ comments about Kate’s hair

Princess Diana's former hairdresser has condemned 'nasty' comments made about the Princess of Wales 's hair - as she stepped out with her newly blonde tresses.

Experts reveal how many tins of tuna is safe to eat a week

The NHS advises people to eat at least two portions of fish a week, yet a recent investigation revealed toxic metals, including mercury, could be lurking in cans of tinned tuna sold in the UK.

The unusual breakfast request Princess Lilibet asks Meghan Markle for

Meghan Markle revealed her children's favourite meals and that she 'doesn't like baking' on the second season of her lifestyle show With Love, Meghan.

Some people DO see ghosts – and medics say there’s an explanation

An astonishing third of people in the UK and almost half of Americans say they believe in ghosts, spirits and other types of paranormal activity.

The best places to live in Britain’s idyllic national parks

Many of us toy with the idea of moving somewhere close to nature, with a friendly community, where the pace of life is more civilised. But where to find such a place? A national park could be the answer.

Aaron Rodgers announces retirement after talks with mystery wife

He said his wife, who is not publicly known and he has only referred to as 'Brittani', convinced him to have one last go at winning another Super Bowl.

Prince William arrives in Istanbul for Europa League final

Prince William has been offering words of encouragement in the dressing room to his beloved Aston Villa as they head into their Europa League final.

Prince William arrives in Istanbul for Europa League final

Prince William has been offering words of encouragement in the dressing room to his beloved Aston Villa as they head into their Europa League final.

Girl, 15, is ‘bundled into van by random knifeman and held for hours’

The 15-year-old said she was threatened with a knife during a seven-hour kidnapping which took place when she was walking in Bowdon, a village in Altrincham, on Monday evening.

Bella Hadid and Heidi Klum bring the glamour to Cannes premiere

The supermodels were out in force during the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday night as Bella Hadid and Heidi Klum attended the La Bataille de Gaulle, L'Age de Fer premiere.

Trump’s DOJ indicts Cuba’s ex-President with new bombshell allegations

The United States government has indicted former Cuban President Raul Castro in connection with the horrific downing of two American civilian planes 30 years ago, officials announced today.

Kevin Spacey soaks up the Cannes atmosphere with stunning model

In March, the actor, 66, came to an agreement with three men who claimed they were abused at times between 2000 and 2015.

Prince William arrives in Istanbul for Europa League final

Prince William has been offering words of encouragement in the dressing room to his beloved Aston Villa as they head into their Europa League final.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img