17.8 C
London
Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Trump’s gold MAGA phone FINALLY ships with mystery around ‘USA’ claim

Trump Mobile’s gold MAGA phone is finally shipping to customers after months of delays, disappearing ‘Made in America’ claims and and claims from critics that the bargain handset looked like a cheap Chinese-made device in disguise.

Trump Mobile said this week that its $499 T1 Phone had ‘arrived’ and that around 590,000 customers who paid $100 deposits would receive update emails as orders began shipping.

‘Phones that were pre-ordered are starting to be delivered to customers this week,’ Trump Mobile CEO Pat O’Brien said, adding that the delay was caused by quality checks and the complicated process of bringing a phone to market.

But the announcement only came after renewed scrutiny over the terms and conditions on Trump Mobile’s website, which were quietly updated last month to state that placing a deposit ‘does not guarantee’ a device will ever be produced or made available for purchase.

Instead, the company said the deposits – reportedly totaling $59 million – merely represented a ‘conditional opportunity’ to purchase a phone if Trump Mobile ultimately decided to sell one.

The company had originally planned to launch the device last August. 

Nearly 10 months later, it announced this week that the phones would begin shipping – though observers quickly noticed the company had disabled comments beneath the post.

The move may have been aimed at limiting mounting backlash over months of silence surrounding the rollout. 

Trump Mobile's gold MAGA phone is finally shipping after delays

Trump Mobile’s gold MAGA phone is finally shipping after delays

Trump Mobile said this week its $499 T1 Phone had ¿arrived,¿ with roughly 590,000 customers who placed $100 deposits set to receive shipping updates as orders roll out

Trump Mobile said this week its $499 T1 Phone had “arrived,” with roughly 590,000 customers who placed $100 deposits set to receive shipping updates as orders roll out

Don Jr announcing the launch of Trump Mobile in June 2025. The phone was meant to ship out in August, but it would be 10 months before the company said it would be shipping out product

Don Jr announcing the launch of Trump Mobile in June 2025. The phone was meant to ship out in August, but it would be 10 months before the company said it would be shipping out product

Read More

Small print on page 26 of Newsom’s billionaire’s bill that reveals his real plans and how everyone could be hit

article image

Trump Mobile has rejected concerns over the rollout, saying demand has been ‘incredibly high’ and that orders are being fulfilled as quickly as possible over the next several weeks.

The phone was first promoted with patriotic branding and claims around US manufacturing, but the company later shifted to vaguer language, saying the device was ‘designed with American values in mind.’

That change came after analysts questioned whether a $499 smartphone could realistically be manufactured in the US, with the device’s specifications drawing comparisons to cheaper Android handsets already on the market.

It’s unclear which parts of the phone will be made in the United States. 

The phone is part of Trump Mobile, a venture launched last year by the Trump Organization under a trademark licensing arrangement and promoted by Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump.

Its monthly 5G plan costs $47.45, an apparent nod to Donald Trump serving as the 45th and 47th president.

Hot this week

Diana’s ex-hairdresser condemns ‘evil’ comments about Kate’s hair

Princess Diana's former hairdresser has condemned 'nasty' comments made about the Princess of Wales 's hair - as she stepped out with her newly blonde tresses.

Experts reveal how many tins of tuna is safe to eat a week

The NHS advises people to eat at least two portions of fish a week, yet a recent investigation revealed toxic metals, including mercury, could be lurking in cans of tinned tuna sold in the UK.

The unusual breakfast request Princess Lilibet asks Meghan Markle for

Meghan Markle revealed her children's favourite meals and that she 'doesn't like baking' on the second season of her lifestyle show With Love, Meghan.

Some people DO see ghosts – and medics say there’s an explanation

An astonishing third of people in the UK and almost half of Americans say they believe in ghosts, spirits and other types of paranormal activity.

The best places to live in Britain’s idyllic national parks

Many of us toy with the idea of moving somewhere close to nature, with a friendly community, where the pace of life is more civilised. But where to find such a place? A national park could be the answer.

Kyle Walker’s pregnant wife Annie Kilner gives glimpse of baby shower

The WAG, 33, who already shares four children with the footballer, 35, took to her Instagram Stories on Tuesday to reshare her pal's photos from the bash.

Nicole Richie calls daughter ‘gorgeous’ as she goes goth

The Simple Life veteran was commenting on Kate's Instagram post that featured an image from their evening out on Monday when they attended a Los Angeles premiere together.

Trump’s DOJ indicts Cuba’s ex-President with new bombshell allegations

The United States government has indicted former Cuban President Raul Castro in connection with the horrific downing of two American civilian planes 30 years ago, officials announced today.

Nursery worker who abused babies deported after 14 months of sentence

Roksana Lecka, 23, carried out a campaign of 'sadistic abuse' in which she punched, kicked and smacked 21 babies as young as ten months old at two London nurseries.

Trump’s DOJ indicts Cuba’s ex-President with new bombshell allegations

The United States government has indicted former Cuban President Raul Castro in connection with the horrific downing of two American civilian planes 30 years ago, officials announced today.

Hull City’s owner asks lawyers to get £200m play-off final CANCELLED

Middlesbrough, who were beaten by Southampton in the semi-finals, are currently set to face Hull at Wembley on Saturday.

October 7 survivor reveals how childhood scar saved her from Hamas

May Hayat, 33, from Tel Aviv, is one of several survivors who have arrived in London ahead of a new immersive exhibition about the atrocities at the Nova Festival in southern Israel, on October 7, 2023.

Freiburg vs Aston Villa – Europa League final LIVE: Score and updates

Follow Daily Mail Sport's live blog for the latest score, team news and updates as Aston Villa take on Freiburg in the Europa League final at Tupras Stadium in Turkey.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img