17.6 C
London
Sunday, May 24, 2026

Saint-Maximin QUITS club after claiming kids were ‘racially abused’

  • Transfer window deadline day live Q&A: Join us HERE at 3pm today as our experts answer your questions

Former Newcastle star Allan Saint-Maximin has left Mexican outfit Club America by mutual consent after alleging that his children were the victims of racist abuse.

Saint-Maximin, 28, who spent four years at Newcastle between 2019 and 2023, revealed earlier this week that his family had been targeted.

In a heartbreaking post on Instagram, the winger said: ‘The problem isn’t skin colour, it’s the colour of people’s thoughts. 

‘I’m not bothered by attacks. I’ve grown up, I’ve learned to fight back against attacks, whether they’re subtle, hidden, or overt. But there’s one thing I will never tolerate: attacks on my children.

‘Protecting my children is my priority, and I will fight with all my might to ensure they are respected and loved, regardless of their background or skin colour. Hate and discrimination have no place in our society.’

He continued: ‘I want people to understand that every human being is unique and precious, and that we must treat each other with respect and dignity. 

Former Newcastle star Allan Saint-Maximin has left Mexican outfit Club America by mutual consent after alleging that his children were the victims of racist abuse

‘I want my children to grow up in a world where they can be themselves and where they don’t have to endure this absurd and senseless behavior that only aims to destroy and divide.

‘So, to those who dared to attack my children, I say this: you made a mistake. I will always fight to protect my family, and there is no person or threat that will frighten me. The only person on this earth who frightens me is God. You have La Boca now, come and meet me.’

When announcing his departure, Club America expressed their support for the former Newcastle star as they added: ‘We reiterate our strong condemnation of any act of discrimination and/or violence that violates human dignity, both on and off the field.

‘We express our absolute solidarity with Allan Saint-Maximin and his family, who have the support of everyone who is part of this institution.

‘Thank you so much for wearing our colours Allan Saint-Maximin.’

Club America coach Andre Jardine added that it was a ‘real shame’ to lose a player of Saint-Maximin’s calibre.

‘Regarding Maximin, he’s a fantastic player, he has the ability to play in any league in the world. We wish him all the best,’ he said.

Saint-Maximin, who has also played for Al-Ahli and Fenerbahce since leaving Newcastle, made 15 appearances for Club America after joining in August, scoring three goals and adding two assists. 

Daily Mail Sport understands Saint-Maximin had drawn attention from several English clubs as news emerged that was he was set to depart.

However, the 28-year-old looks increasingly likely to join French side Lens, with talks advancing today. 

The Frenchman became a fan favourite at Newcastle after joining from Nice in 2019, and he went on to play 124 times for the club before he moved to Saudi Arabian side Al-Ahli for a fee of around £23million in 2023. 

Allan Saint-Maximin

Hot this week

Diana’s ex-hairdresser condemns ‘evil’ comments about Kate’s hair

Princess Diana's former hairdresser has condemned 'nasty' comments made about the Princess of Wales 's hair - as she stepped out with her newly blonde tresses.

Experts reveal how many tins of tuna is safe to eat a week

The NHS advises people to eat at least two portions of fish a week, yet a recent investigation revealed toxic metals, including mercury, could be lurking in cans of tinned tuna sold in the UK.

The unusual breakfast request Princess Lilibet asks Meghan Markle for

Meghan Markle revealed her children's favourite meals and that she 'doesn't like baking' on the second season of her lifestyle show With Love, Meghan.

Some people DO see ghosts – and medics say there’s an explanation

An astonishing third of people in the UK and almost half of Americans say they believe in ghosts, spirits and other types of paranormal activity.

The best places to live in Britain’s idyllic national parks

Many of us toy with the idea of moving somewhere close to nature, with a friendly community, where the pace of life is more civilised. But where to find such a place? A national park could be the answer.

Ed Sheeran waves goodbye to his record label – and this is why

When Ed Sheeran decided to leave his record label after 15 years, it wasn't surprising that he shared the news directly with the millions of supporters who have followed his journey to the top.

Ed Sheeran waves goodbye to his record label – and this is why

When Ed Sheeran decided to leave his record label after 15 years, it wasn't surprising that he shared the news directly with the millions of supporters who have followed his journey to the top.

White House locked down as two shot outside, reporters rush for cover

Correspondents stationed near the White House said they heard what appeared to be repeated gunfire on Saturday, triggering an immediate security response around the grounds.

What locals say about Burnham’s ‘working class’ roots

To Enid Hill, aged 78, it is Andy Burnham 's working-class hero shtick that, well, tends to stick in her craw.

Mohamed Salah sends message to Arne Slot and Liverpool team-mates

Salah is set to bring the curtain down on an illustrious, record-breaking nine-year spell at Anfield, where he became the club's third-highest goalscorer of all time with 255.

How Marxist activists will flood schools with radical propaganda

A rallying cry rang out across the Brighton Centre last month. It belonged to Daniel Kebede, the general secretary of Britain's largest teaching union.

Hull City secure Premier League promotion after late McBurnie winner

MATT BARLOW AT WEMBLEY: After all the spies, subterfuge and pretend binoculars came the eye of the Tigers. One sucker punch from Oli McBurnie and Hull are returning to the top flight.

Oleksandr Usyk escapes with an 11th-round stoppage against Verhoeven

Usyk remarkably appeared at risk of losing to the impressive Dutchman, who was competing in just his second professional fight in front of the Egyptian pyramids in Giza.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img