12.3 C
London
Thursday, May 21, 2026

Brooklyn Beckham and wife Nicola raised $59k for dogs amid family snub

Nicola Peltz raised $59,000 for dogs displaced by the Los Angeles wildfires, after her mother-in-law Victoria Beckham declined to contribute to her charity efforts.

The actress’s husband Brooklyn Beckham released a bombshell statement on Monday where he addressed his long-running feud with his family.

In the post, Brooklyn claimed that Victoria snubbed Nicola’s request to support her attempts to help dogs during the LA fires, despite it being ‘the only time they had ever asked for anything’.

Rather than focus on supporting residents affected by the tragedy, the couple raised the money through the actress’s charity Yogi’s House to rescue animals affected by the blaze.

He said: ‘We’ve gone out of our way for years to show up and support at every fashion show, every party, and every press activity to show “our perfect family”. 

‘But the one time my wife asked for my mum’s support to save displaced dogs during the LA fires, my mum refused.’

Nicola Peltz raised $59,000 for dogs displaced by the Los Angeles fires, as her husband Brooklyn Beckham claimed his mother Victoria declined to contribute to their charity efforts
In his bombshell statement on Monday, Brooklyn claimed that Victoria snubbed Nicola's request to support her attempts to help dogs during the LA fires

LA was hit by devastating wildfires in January 2025, which claimed the lives of 31 people, forced over 200,000 people to evacuate and destroyed over 18,000 structures.

At the time, Nicola had shared on social media that she was working with her charity to organise an event to raise money for displaced animals during the fires.

The charity helps to save dogs from overcrowded LA shelters and euthanasia. 

A GoFundMe was also set up to rescue pets in wildlife-affected areas and transport them to safe foster homes, and raised $59,444.

Despite his famous heritage and Nicola being the daughter of billionaire Nelson Peltz, the chef donated just $5,000 to the cause. 

Nicola and Brooklyn shared snaps and posted live to Instagram from the Pendry Hotel in West Hollywood where brands donated items for those in need. 

Victoria had previously shared her heartbreak over the blazes in a post on Instagram.

She wrote: ‘Seeing the devastation and loss caused by these wildfires is truly heartbreaking.

At the time, Nicola had shared on social media that she was working with her charity to organise an event to raise money for displaced animals during the fires
A GoFundMe was set up to rescue pets in wildlife-affected areas and transport them to safe foster homes, and raised $59,444
On Monday, the eldest Beckham son, 26, launched an extraordinary online attack on his parents, accusing David, 50, and Victoria, 51, of trying to 'ruin' his marriage

‘Los Angeles holds such a special place in our family’s hearts, and our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected, especially those who have lost their homes or loved ones.’ 

‘We are immensely grateful to the brave firefighters and first responders who are risking their lives to protect others. Please stay safe and look after each other during this devastating time. Victoria x.’

Brooklyn’s dad David also shared an Instagram post about the fires, writing: ‘LA is such a special place for my family.’

‘I’m heartbroken to wake up to more horrific stories and pictures and I’m thinking of everyone there including many friends and colleagues who are facing these devastating fires.

‘My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected, their loved ones and sending gratitude to the first responders and emergency services for their courage in such a challenging situation.

‘Sending all my love and please support organisations helping on the ground.’

Brooklyn took to Instagram on Monday night to share a six-page statement where he said he has no wish to reconcile with his family.

Brooklyn and his wife Nicola have been at the heart of the acrimonious divide that has resulted in them snubbing all significant family celebrations over recent months, including his father David’s milestone 50th birthday and knighthood.

The chef went as far as to say he has been ‘controlled by a family that values public promotion above all else’ and that since being with his wife Nicola, he has found ‘peace and relief’ after battling crippling anxiety.

Brooklyn also claimed Victoria, who has her own fashion brand, cancelled making Nicola’s wedding dress at the ‘eleventh hour’ and hijacked their first dance which left him so ’embarrassed’ they decided to renew their vows without his family last year.

Rumours of tension first emerged after the actress sported a stunning couture Valentino bridal dress, after previous reports she would wear a design from Victoria. 

The Daily Mail has contacted the Beckhams for comment. 

Brooklyn Beckham’s statement in full

I have been silent for years and made every effort to keep these matters private. Unfortunately, my parents and their team have continued to go to the press, leaving me with no choice but to speak for myself and tell the truth about only some of the lies that have been printed.

I do not want to reconcile with my family. I’m not being controlled, I’m standing up for myself for the first time in my life. For my entire life, my parents have controlled narratives in the press about our family. The performative social media posts, family events and inauthentic relationships have been a fixture of the life I was born into.

Recently, I have seen with my own eyes the lengths that they’ll go through to place countless lies in the media, mostly at the expense of innocent people, to preserve their own facade. But I believe the truth always comes out.

My parents have been trying endlessly to ruin my relationship since before my wedding, and it hasn’t stopped. My mum cancelled making Nicola’s dress in the eleventh hour despite how excited she was to wear her design, forcing her to urgently find a new dress. 

Weeks before our big day, my parents repeatedly pressured and attempted to bribe me into signing away the rights to my name, which would have affected me, my wife, and our future children.

They were adamant on me signing before my wedding date because then the terms of the deal would be initiated. My holdout affected the payday, and they have never treated me the same since. 

During the wedding planning, my mum went so far as to call me “evil” because Nicola and I chose to include my Nanny Sandra, and Nicola’s Naunni at our table, because they both didn’t have their husbands. Both of our parents had their own tables equally adjacent to ours.

The night before our wedding, members of my family told me that Nicola was “not blood” and “not family.” Since the moment I started standing up for myself with my family, I’ve received endless attacks from my parents, both privately and publicly, that were sent to the press on their orders.

Even my brothers were sent to attack me on social media, before they ultimately blocked me out of nowhere this last Summer. 

My mum hijacked my first dance with my wife, which had been planned weeks in advance to a romantic love song. In front of our 500 wedding guests, Marc Anthony called me to the stage, where in the schedule was planned to be my romantic dance with my wife but instead my mum was waiting to dance with me instead. 

She danced very inappropriately on me in front of everyone. I’ve never felt more uncomfortable or humiliated in my entire life. We wanted to renew our vows so we could create new memories of our wedding day that bring us joy and happiness, not anxiety and embarrassment.

My wife has been consistently disrespected by my family, no matter how hard we’ve tried to come together as one. My mum has repeatedly invited women from my past into our lives in ways that were clearly intended to make us both uncomfortable.

Despite this, we still travelled to London for my dad’s birthday and were rejected for a week as we waited in our hotel room trying to plan quality time with him. He refused all of our attempts, unless it was at his big birthday party with a hundred guests and cameras at every corner.

When he finally agreed to see me, it was under the condition that Nicola wasn’t invited. It was a slap in the face. Later, when my family travelled to LA, they refused to see me at all.

My family values public promotion and endorsements above all else. Brand Beckham comes first. Family “love” is decided by how much you post on social media, or how quickly you drop everything to show up and pose for a family photo opp, even if it’s at the expense of our professional obligations.

We’ve gone out of our way for years to show up and support at every fashion show, every party, and every press activity to show ‘our perfect family.’ But the one time my wife asked for my mum’s support to save displaced dogs during the LA fires, my mum refused.

The narrative that my wife controls me is completely backwards. I have been controlled by my parents for most of my life. I grew up with overwhelming anxiety. For the first time in my life, since stepping away from my family, that anxiety has disappeared.

I wake up every morning grateful for the life I chose, and have found peace and relief. My wife and I do not want a life shaped by image, press, or manipulation. All we want peace, privacy and happiness for us and our future family.

InstagramBrooklyn Beckham

Hot this week

Diana’s ex-hairdresser condemns ‘evil’ comments about Kate’s hair

Princess Diana's former hairdresser has condemned 'nasty' comments made about the Princess of Wales 's hair - as she stepped out with her newly blonde tresses.

Experts reveal how many tins of tuna is safe to eat a week

The NHS advises people to eat at least two portions of fish a week, yet a recent investigation revealed toxic metals, including mercury, could be lurking in cans of tinned tuna sold in the UK.

The unusual breakfast request Princess Lilibet asks Meghan Markle for

Meghan Markle revealed her children's favourite meals and that she 'doesn't like baking' on the second season of her lifestyle show With Love, Meghan.

Some people DO see ghosts – and medics say there’s an explanation

An astonishing third of people in the UK and almost half of Americans say they believe in ghosts, spirits and other types of paranormal activity.

The best places to live in Britain’s idyllic national parks

Many of us toy with the idea of moving somewhere close to nature, with a friendly community, where the pace of life is more civilised. But where to find such a place? A national park could be the answer.

Meet the five-year-old who’s destined for stardom

On Wednesday night, viewers tuned into Channel 5's controversial drama, Under Suspicion: Kate McCann, which dramatises the case of Madeleine McCann.

Shirley Ballas reveals why the new presenters got Strictly gig

Emma Willis, 50, Josh Widdicombe, 43, and professional dancer Johannes Radebe, 39, will take over from outgoing hosts Tess Daly , 57, and Claudia Winkleman, 54.

Girl, 15, is ‘bundled into van by random knifeman and held for hours’

The 15-year-old said she was threatened with a knife during a seven-hour kidnapping which took place when she was walking in Bowdon, a village in Altrincham, on Monday evening.

Moment ‘Rolex ripper’ asks for a light then takes off with £18k watch

Ali Sharif, 33, and accomplice Mohamed Benioua, 30, targeted wealthy Dimitrios Triadis outside Mister Nice in Mayfair in October 2023.

Trump and Netanyahu clash in ‘dramatic’ secret phone call

Netanyahu increasingly doubts that further negotiations with Tehran will produce a peace deal and wants to resume military strikes.

William gets hands on the silverware as he celebrates Villa’s triumph

The Prince of Wales, one of the club's most high-profile supporters, was seen punching the air after Villa surged to victory at Besiktas Park, on a night that delivered their first major trophy in 30 years.

Family rallies around Kai Trump amid mom Vanessa’s shock cancer news

Family members gathered to support Kai Trump, the president's eldest grandchild, amid her mother's sudden breast cancer diagnosis.

Matthew Perry’s heartbroken mom recalls seeing son in the morgue

Matthew Perry's mother painted a heartbreaking picture of the day she saw her son's dead body in the morgue as she assailed his former assistant ahead of his sentencing hearing.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img