12.3 C
London
Thursday, May 21, 2026

Iran ‘is discussing putting a €50m bounty on Trump and Netanyahu’

Iran is moving towards placing huge bounties on the heads of Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu.

Its parliament is set to vote on whether to offer a €50million (£43.5m) reward to anyone who assassinates either the President of the United States or Israel’s prime minister.

This is being considered in revenge for the killing of its own Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, in US-Israel strikes at the start of the current conflict.

The chairman of Iran’s national security commission, Ebrahim Azizi, said parliament was cooking up a bill called ‘Reciprocal action by military and security forces of the Islamic Republic’.

He wrote: ‘As Trump ordered the killing of Ali Khamenei, he himself should be dealt with by every Muslim and every free person,’ according to Iranian state television. 

A state-sanctioned bounty would mark an escalation of previous death threats issued against the leaders, whom Iran considers to be principally responsible for Khamenei’s death.

Both leaders have already been the object of fatwas issued by Iranian religious leaders.

These intensified after the outbreak of conflict at the end of February, with multiple calls from Iranian clerics for Muslims worldwide to avenge Khamenei’s death.

Iran's parliament is considering a bill that would place a £43.5million bounty on Donald Trump's head

Iran’s parliament is considering a bill that would place a £43.5million bounty on Donald Trump’s head

There would also be a reward of the same size offered for the assassination of Benjamin Netanyahu, in revenge for the death of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei

There would also be a reward of the same size offered for the assassination of Benjamin Netanyahu, in revenge for the death of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei

Mr Trump said last year that any attempt by Iran to take him out would prompt ‘very strict orders’ to ‘wipe them off the face of the Earth’.

Another member of Iran’s national security commission also announced the imminent vote, boasting that the reward being considered would be for sending ‘Mr Trump and Netanyahu to hell’.

Mahmood Nabavian wrote: ‘Threats against the Supreme Leader and military commanders have again been heard from the filthy mouths of some enemy officials.

‘The vile American and Zionist officials, as well as the heads of regional countries, should know that if any aggression takes place this time, we will destroy them along with their palaces.’

Meanwhile, a ‘full-scale’ American attack on Iran, planned for today, was narrowly averted after Mr Trump changed his mind at the eleventh hour.

He stood down US forces after Middle Eastern leaders personally pleaded with him to have one more go at negotiating a nuclear deal.

Mr Trump announced on Truth Social that he would ‘not follow through’ with the strike, as he doubled down on his conviction that Iran cannot obtain a nuclear bomb under any peace agreement.

The President agreed to stand down after lobbying from Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, as well as the rulers of Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.

Ebrahim Azizi, chairman of Iran's national security commission, said Trump 'should be dealt with by every Muslim and every free person'

Ebrahim Azizi, chairman of Iran’s national security commission, said Trump ‘should be dealt with by every Muslim and every free person’

‘I have been asked… to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow,’ Trump wrote.

He said that ‘serious negotiations are now taking place’ and that America’s Gulf allies believe that a deal can be struck ‘which will be very acceptable’ to the United States.

‘This Deal will include, importantly, no nuclear weapons for Iran! Based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders,’ Trump added.

Trump noted that he had instructed Secretary of War Pete Hegseth and the US Army to stand ready for a ‘full, large-scale assault’ on Iran if no deal is reached. 

Hegseth, in a stark break from Pentagon norms, is currently in Kentucky campaigning for Ed Gallrein against Trump’s nemesis, Rep. Thomas Massie.

For Iran’s part, they have handed an updated peace proposal to the US, according to a senior American official cited by Axios.

However, the official said the offering made little improvement on Tehran’s previous position.

They told the news outlet: ‘We are really not making a lot of progress. We are at a very serious place today. The pressure is on them to be responsive in the right way.’

The US wants to see a serious conversation about Iran’s nuclear programme and, failing that, it will ‘have a conversation through bombs, which will be a shame’, the source added.

Hot this week

Diana’s ex-hairdresser condemns ‘evil’ comments about Kate’s hair

Princess Diana's former hairdresser has condemned 'nasty' comments made about the Princess of Wales 's hair - as she stepped out with her newly blonde tresses.

Experts reveal how many tins of tuna is safe to eat a week

The NHS advises people to eat at least two portions of fish a week, yet a recent investigation revealed toxic metals, including mercury, could be lurking in cans of tinned tuna sold in the UK.

The unusual breakfast request Princess Lilibet asks Meghan Markle for

Meghan Markle revealed her children's favourite meals and that she 'doesn't like baking' on the second season of her lifestyle show With Love, Meghan.

Some people DO see ghosts – and medics say there’s an explanation

An astonishing third of people in the UK and almost half of Americans say they believe in ghosts, spirits and other types of paranormal activity.

The best places to live in Britain’s idyllic national parks

Many of us toy with the idea of moving somewhere close to nature, with a friendly community, where the pace of life is more civilised. But where to find such a place? A national park could be the answer.

Shirley Ballas reveals why the new presenters got Strictly gig

Emma Willis, 50, Josh Widdicombe, 43, and professional dancer Johannes Radebe, 39, will take over from outgoing hosts Tess Daly , 57, and Claudia Winkleman, 54.

How Prince celebrated his team’s victory with some of his oldest pals

The final whistle in Istanbul last night secured Aston Villa their first major trophy in 30 years, but also unleashed an intensity of emotion in Prince William never seen before.

How Prince celebrated his team’s victory with some of his oldest pals

The final whistle in Istanbul last night secured Aston Villa their first major trophy in 30 years, but also unleashed an intensity of emotion in Prince William never seen before.

Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews ‘boasted he was an arms dealer’

The 'businessman' 'boasted he was an arms dealer who worked with dangerous people' in the weeks before his mystery disappearance, according to reports.

Girl, 15, is ‘bundled into van by random knifeman and held for hours’

The 15-year-old said she was threatened with a knife during a seven-hour kidnapping which took place when she was walking in Bowdon, a village in Altrincham, on Monday evening.

William gets hands on the silverware as he celebrates Villa’s triumph

The Prince of Wales, one of the club's most high-profile supporters, was seen punching the air after Villa surged to victory at Besiktas Park, on a night that delivered their first major trophy in 30 years.

Family rallies around Kai Trump amid mom Vanessa’s shock cancer news

Family members gathered to support Kai Trump, the president's eldest grandchild, amid her mother's sudden breast cancer diagnosis.

JOAN SMITH: Why women can never trust Andy Burnham

Women shouldn't trust Andy Burnham. Every time the question of single-sex spaces comes up, he takes the side of biological men.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img